Image Map

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Skipping through Blogland and Stopping at For the Love of Grub

A couple of months ago when I mentioned that I was thinking about doing a blog in the comments section at Eat at Home, Bethany from For the Love of Grub wrote a nice note encouraging me to go ahead and do it.  She pointed out her blog is like an on-line cookbook and doesn't contain pictures.  Her encouraging comments helped me get the courage to go ahead with a blog.

For the Love of Grub.  I just love the name.  Wish I had been as original.  There is a nice category list on the right side, that you can click on to get recipes in a specific category.  Bethany has hints added at the bottom of many of her recipes.  I have found several recipes that I want to try soon.

I have a lot of pepperoni on hand from a big amount that I purchased at Costco, and I am going to do these Pepperoni Muffins this weekend.  I think they would be great to have in the freezer for a quick snack.

I make a lot of soup and this Beef Chowder is really tempting.  I would, however, use the Cream Soup Mix I posted on Monday instead of the commercial Cream of Celery soup.

Of course, I have to include a cookie, and these Sour Cream Cookies would be just down my alley.  I would probably be doubling the recipe.

Whatever else you try, make the Cornbread.  This recipe is in the top 20 of all recipes on AllRecipes, and I can understand why.  I have made it several times.  It is my favorite cornbread now.  Just a note, use real buttermilk, either liquid or powdered,  for the best flavor.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stop at For the Love of Grub while I was skipping through blogland.

Tomorrow:  Friday Finds and Frugal Tips-Celery

1 comment:

  1. For some reason Blogger is being picky about which blogs it will let me leave comments on with my Google account. Apparently yours is one of them. Weird.

    Anyway, I'm glad you decided to start this blog and am going to get it put in my blog reader right now. :)

    Bethany/FOR THE LOVE OF GRUB

    O

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...