Image Map

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Finds

Southern Plate

I need something to throw in my slow cooker for dinner on Sunday night as we are leaving very, very early to spend the day using our boat to tube kids from our church for the annual water play day.  I think that this would be good with some fresh snow peas and red pepper that I have on hand.  Probably throw in a little onion, too.

Dine and Dish

Doesn't this look yummy?  I am the only one who eats breakfast at our house and having something like this made up that I can just grab, heat and eat is wonderful.  So, so easy and some cooked, crumbled sausage could be used instead of the ham.  I think this and the Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie I listed a couple weeks ago would make a wonderful breakfast.


The Better Baker

My husband is not much of a sandwich eater, but we need sandwiches for the church youth water play day on Sunday.  I had run across a great sale on eggs, so asked him about egg salad sandwiches, and he said "Sounded Good."  I am going to give this recipe a try.

At Home My Way

I think that this may have been on someone else's list last week.  If so, it is well worth a repeat.  I actually made this the other day, and it really, really does taste like apple.  I took some to work, called it Mystery Cobbler, everyone I gave some to guessed it was apple.  Make this, you will amaze your family and friends.

From the Bookshelf

I have lots of recipes for homemade groceries, but I have never seen one for Sweet Chili Sauce.  This is a real find for me.  I will definitely be trying it soon.  I love this stuff even though I have to use it sparingly.

All photos are the property of the owners of the respective blogs, except Zucchini Cobbler which is my photo.

I am anxious to see what everyone else has found this week.  Can't have too many recipes, you know.

Linking to:  Friday Favorite Finds.












5 comments:

  1. Hi Loy! I'm definitely going to have to try that sweet chili sauce! The spoon's pretty cool looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chili sauce sounds good! saw you on friday fave finds..I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SUCH a woman after my heart...and belly! These all sound wonderful and must-tries. Thanks for sharing my special egg salad. I do hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do...others agree it's the best. I'm so glad you share these special finds with us. Enjoy a great weekend. ~The Better Baker

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! That cashew chicken sounds great! And it sounds like a fun day for Sunday! I'm so glad to find your blog and will enjoy following. I'll be looking around now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS for featuring my recipe for zucchini cobbler! It is one AMAZING recipe! I was so excited to see someone who tried it, especially enough to feature on their own blog! Thanks again! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...