Image Map

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cooking from the Blogs-What I Made

This week I only had time to cook two things from the blogs.  I also made this recipe from Allrecipes, which was very good.  However, I don't consider Allrecipes a blog.


I mentioned in the Skipping through Blogland post on Wednesday that I was going to make Better Baker’s Cheesy Chicken Chowder.   I had purchased a turkey breast from Safeway on their $5 Friday and decided that I needed to use that rather than the chicken I had planned on.  We love garlic, so I minced a clove and sautéed it in the butter for a minute or two.   I also added some chopped red pepper as I said I might.  Marsha’s method of cooking the vegetables in broth and then combining them with the cream sauce really appealed to me.  This was delicious.  I will make it again and again.  We ate the chowder all up, and I took some to a friend at work; so I am using Marsha's photo.


I also made the Cumin Carrots Fries from the Pretend Chef.  As I mentioned my hubby does not like cooked carrots so I ate them all myself; and I did Eat Them All.  I loved them.  Since I didn’t get a photo taken, I am borrowing hers.  I will make these again and again also; and will try other herbs and spices using this method.

Both of these dishes are great keeper recipes.

I'm having a little give away.  Go here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...