Image Map

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cooking from the Blogs-What I Made

With a hectic week, one less night to cook, and travel for the weekend, I did not think that I would be making any recipes from blogs this week.  It turns out I had time to make just one recipe, and, is no one surprised that the recipe was for cookies.


Thursday, Marsha over at the Better Baker, posted a recipe for "Melt-in-Your Mouth" Pecan Toffee Cookies.  They looked so good and were an easy-to-make recipe using a cake mix.  We like to take some cookies with us for snacking when we travel, and these seemed just the thing to take this time.  I got up a little early and made these before we left on Friday morning.  The cookies truly lived up to their name.  My hubby said that they were like eating popcorn; meaning, that if you were not careful, you would scarf them all down and they would be gone before you know it.  It think this basic idea would work well with a chocolate cake mix.  I am also anxious to try these with a Butter Pecan cake mix although that flavor is a little difficult to find where I live.  I will be giving these a try with the homemade cake mix, too.  Thanks, Marsha, for sharing a great, versatile recipe.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to find your post tonight! Thanks for sharing my recipe...I'm so pleased you both enjoyed them. I want to make that homemade cake mix soon myself....be sure to keep me updated how it works for cookies. Have a great week! It's another very busy one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum yum ,, and yum again!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...