Image Map

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Countdown to 2012-Best Bread Recipes

 Countdown to 2011 with Finding Joy in My Kitchen

This is day 2 of Countdown to 2012, Best Recipes of 2011; and we are to post our best bread recipes.  I did not post any actual yeast bread recipes this year.  That is something I will have to remember to do in 2012.  I did post a few quick breads, however, and these are what I think are my top three.

A-Z Quick Bread.  I am putting this first because this is such a versatile recipe.  You can make almost any flavor of quick bread you want with this one.


Key West Coconut Bread.  My son-in-law loves coconut, and I have made this bread for him every Chrisrmas since I found the recipe.  If you like coconut, you will love this.  When I posted the recipe I had not yet made the bread so did not have this picture.  I will be adding this to the post today.


Cheese and Onion Nut Bread.  This was a new-to-me recipe and made a great bread to serve with soups or casserole or actually all by itself.  Again, a versatile bread as the cheese and nuts can be changed at will.

There are my three choices for bread recipe posts for 2011.  To see all the other bloggers choices, visit Finding Joy in My Kitchen.  It is not too late to create a post and link up your favorites also.

Tomorrow will be soups and stews.
Thursday will be main dishes
Friday will be crockpot dishes
Saturday will be desserts


3 comments:

  1. what a great recipe, I like thisone, flexible,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg...No you didn't! I love baking homemade bread! These recipes look fabulous! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Its linky party time again on my blog! Here is the link http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/2011/12/27/the-linky-party-1227-1231/ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how we can get through a whole year with not many recipes of a particular type appearing on our blogs?! I realized that soups & breads were on the low end for me this year, as I looked back to gather my 2011 posts. These breads look really good, and I can't wait to see what kind of yeast breads you try for 2012! Thanks, Loy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...