Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chocolate Ripple No-Machine Ice Cream

I planned to post this, this afternoon, but my somewhat unpredictable satellite internet connection was down and did not come up before I had to leave for work.  It is after 10 here on the west coast so most of you are already sleeping.  Anyway, even though very belated, here it is
After my Fudge Ripple Cake that didn’t ripple saga, I decided that I need to console myself by making some Chocolate Ripple No-Machine Ice Cream.

I wrote a whole post about the wonders of No-Machine Ice Cream last year, so I will post how I made the Chocolate Ripple here.


Sorry about the photo.  This is a soft-serve ice cream, and it was trying to melt.

Chocolate Ripple No-Machine Ice Cream
1 pt. whipping cream
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 T. pure vanilla extract
chocolate syrup such as Hershey or use homemade.  I just squirt it straight from the container and use about 1/3 to 1/2cup.

Using an electric mixer, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.  Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until thoroughly blended.  Pour into an 8-inch square pan or other 2 quart container.  Cover with plastic wrap.  Place in freezer for 2 to 3 hours until partially frozen.  Remove from freezer and squirt chocolate syrup in lines on the top of the ice cream.  Swirl the chocolate syrup through the ice cream using a fork.  Return to freezer.  Freeze until firm, about 6 hours.  Makes about 1 1/2 quarts.

Linking to:  Tasty Tuesday
Tip Me Tuesday
Tuesday Time Out
Tuesdays at the Table
Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Show Me What Ya Got
Totally Tasty Tuesday
Trick or Treat Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, I know this is something my daughter would love to make.


I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...