Image Map

Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Finds

Since the Super Bowl is on Sunday, it seems everyone is thinking about snacks and recipes for Super Bowl parties.  So, If I was going to watch the Super Bowl, and If I was going to have a party, here are some links to recipes that I would make.

Accidentally Wonderful

This would be great for lunches as well as snacks.  Crescent rolls, string cheese, and pepperoni.  This idea has lots of possibilities.

I just recently subscribed to 4 Little Fergusons, and what a wonderful blog it is.  When I visited, I could barely tear myself away.  Tonya has many great recipes, period, but some are really great for a Super Bowl Party.  I could not pick just one, but I did settle for three.

Corn Dip
4 Little Fergusons

There are a number of Corn Dip recipes around, but I don't think there are any that are simpler than this:  Onion Dip, Mexicorn, and Rotel Tomatoes.  Can you get simpler than that?  Keep these three ingredients on hand, and you are ready for a party at any time.

Cheddar Bacon aka Crack Dip
4 Little Fergusons

Sour cream, cheese, bacon bits and Ranch dip mix.  Be still my heart.  No wonder this one's neckname is "Crack" dip.  This is another one that could be rustled up in a hurry if the ingredients are on hand.

Coyote Poo 
4 Little Fergusons

You know that I love recipes with unusual names.  How fun is this one?  This is essentially caramelized crunchy Cheetos.  We are not big on potato chips, but we do like our cheese snacks.  If there was a list of the top 10 Ultimate Junk Foods, this surely would be near the top.  Even so, I definitely have to try this one.

My favorite part of a chicken is the wing.  If I were having a Super Bowl Party, I would certainly have to serve wings.  Here are a couple of ideas I found that look just great.

The Noble Pig

Pocket Change Gourmet

I would also need some potato skins.

Pocket Change Gourmet

Last, but definitely not least, I would have to make this cake.

Mrs. Happy Homemaker

Of course, if I made all of the above, I would be too tired to enjoy a party and would probably just want to take a nap.  Have fun if you are going to watch the game and party.

The photos were taken by and are the property of the owners of the respective blogs represented.

I am sure that there will be many more great recipes links shared today at Friday Favorite Finds over at Finding Joy in My Kitchen.

10 comments:

  1. Popping over from Friday Finds. These blogs are new to me also. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out those wings - great roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! Thanks for sharing some of the appetizers from 4 little Fergusons! Have a great weekend,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. well thats a whole lot of yummy, even the coyote poop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Loy - I always LOVE your Friday finds. I would make every single one of these today if I could. =) SO tickled to know you've been exposed to sweet Tonya at 4 Little Fergusons. Her recipes certainly do not disappoint. Hope you enjoy a great weekend. Sending hugs across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds. I'm not sure I could bring myself to try the coyote poo but those wings look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great roundup! I'm especially liking the Coyote Poo. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. that crack dip... wow. With those ingredients I can understand why it's called "crack". my goodness - looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pizza sticks look great. And I especially am curious about that coyote poo!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...