Image Map

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Finds

Here it is Friday again and time for Friday Finds.  This week I would like to share what looks like some great breakfast recipes.  Some of these even make use of any ham that might still be left over from Easter dinner.

Food.com

I generally don't share recipes from this type of recipe site, but I love this idea, and the picture makes me want to pick up a fork and try it right now.  A baked omelet is such an easy way to serve several people all at the same time.  With the temperature and baking time, hot biscuits would go great with this.  Add some fresh strawberries, and it would be a wonderful spring breakfast.  Put some chopped cooked asparagus in the omelet, and it could even be dinner.

The Grant Life

I love fruit with my oatmeal.  Apples and cranberries seem like a wonderful addition to jazz up the oatmeal.

Bring Beauty

I have seen and posted other recipes for this type of breakfast dish, this one is a little different.  It is mainly egg, milk and whatever additions you would like.  The additions need to be precooked, but doesn't that make this a great way to use up leftovers?

Will Cook for Smiles

What can I say?  Who wouldn't want pancakes that taste like apple pie?  I say, bring it on!

Cooking Up North

From one of our own Friday Favorite Finds contributors.    She said these  were sweet, light and fluffy.  I found these through Semi-Homemade Mom who loved them.  Now I am torn between which recipe to use next time I make pancakes.

English Flapjacks
Happy Hour Projects

Here in the good ole USA pancakes are sometimes called flapjacks.  Turns out that English Flapjacks are nothing like pancakes.  They are more of a cookie/cake and are basically oatmeal, brown sugar, butter and golden syrup.  The blogger substituted corn syrup with good results.  I am just going to stretch my imagination and consider these breakfast food.

As always the photos were taken by and are the property of the owners of the respective blogs represented.

I am linking up to Friday Favorite Finds over at Find Joy in My Kitchen and am off to see what other bloggers have found this week.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I can't believe I get to leave the first comment at this wonderful post! =) My mouth is watering and I'm already planning to make a few of these great dishes soon. Thanks for sharing!! Enjoy a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pancake recipes -- delicious! The apple topping on those apple pie pancakes ... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oatmeal looks incredible! I have tried those IHOP pancakes - they are great :)

    Stopping by from FFF

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...