Image Map

Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Finds

Last week I shared links for one of my favorite spring foods-asparagus.  My favorite spring fruit is, of course, strawberries.  I love them served simply with a little sugar and cream, and I love them fancied up as part of a dessert recipe.  Here are some luscious sounding strawberry recipes I found this week.

Weelicious

This is a recipe that uses just strawberries, lemon juice, and agave nectar or honey.  This should make this a very "strawberry" tasting preserve.  I am very anxious to give these a try.  This is a small batch recipe so that you can used up the preserves before they spoil.  I would love these on pancakes or waffles.

Kalyn's Kitchen

This is a simple dish with a fancy name.  Strawberries, sour cream and brown sugar or Brown Sugar Splenda.  Use no or low-fat sour cream, and you have a low cal dessert.

You all know that I like bar cookies.  Here are two that combine strawberries with either lemon or rhubarb, both things that go well with the berries.

Nook and Pantry

White on Rice Couple

Strawberries are great in muffins.  Here are two new recipes I want to try very soon.

Jane's Sweets & Baking Journal

Two Peas and Their Pod

My very favorite spring dessert made with strawberries is fresh strawberry pie.  I loved the fresh strawberry pie that I used to be able to get at Bob's Big Boy restaurant.  Here is a simple one that could be made with Splenda.

Thrice The Spice

Perhaps one of these will go on your menu the next time that you buy strawberries.

Several of the blogs listed today are "new to me" ones, and I will be going back to check them out soon.

As always the photos were taken by and are the property of the owners of the respective blogs represented.

I am linking up with Friday Favorite Finds at Finding Joy in My Kitchen.  Hop on over  to see what other bloggers have found in their travels around the web this week.


4 comments:

  1. This is a dangerous place to visit on a Friday afternoon...when I'm about to go to the store. It all looks so good, but I'm a sucker for strawberry and rhubarb, so I may try those crumb bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All look great, the strawberry lemon bars are very pretty! Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the strawberry lemon bars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those all look great! Strawberries are the best :)

    Stopping by from last week's FFF

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...