Image Map

Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Finds


Since my own blog seemed to get overwhelmed with sweet things this week, I thought I should make up for it here.  So I am sharing some nonsweet recipes and ideas from my travels around the blogsphere this week.  First, more recipes to make with my slow cooker.

Hugs and Punches

An oriental-inspired dish for the slow cooker.  This one goes to the top of my "recipes to make with my slow cooker" list.

The Frugal Farm Wife

Another oriental-inspired recipe, and pork is one meat that I have been happy with when cooked in a slow cooker.  Another recipe going to the top of the list.

Chef in Training

Just 4 simple ingredients and a slow cooker.  I am not sure that it could get easier than this.  Maple and mustard are a great flavor combination.

Soups are a mainstay for the lunches we have at our house so I am always looking for new recipes to try.

Learning the Ropes One Recipe at a Time

At one time, I would not have used steak to make soup, but since ground beef is now as expensive to purchase as round steak, I think I will give this one a try.  It looks delicious and healthy.

Stella B's Kitchen

This is a meatless version which I want to try.  I have made a version with ground beef which we like a lot.

Kalyn's Kitchen

Kalyn shows an easy method of making minced garlic and freezing it.  The defrosted garlic can be kept in the refrigerator up to a week.

SumptuousSpoonfuls

I am not sure that I have ever had Red Robin Seasoning, but I love to find new homemade seasoning mix ideas.  The dried tomato powder may be a little hard to find.  I may try tomato bouillon which I can get in the Hispanic section of my grocery store and leave out the salt and see what happens.

As always the photos were taken by and are the property of the owners of the respective blogs represented.

Join me in clicking on over to Finding Joy in My Kitchen's Friday Favorite Finds to see what other bloggers have found this week.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the idea of the minced garlic, and thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...