Image Map

Monday, December 10, 2012

Maple Curry Roast Pork Tenderloin

Good Monday to all and welcome to my new followers.  I appreciate all of my readers so much and thank you for taking time from your busy lives to visit my blog.  Hopefully you will find some useful recipes here.

I have mentioned before that pork tenderloin in one of my favorite cuts of pork, and I buy it whenever it is on sale.  Right now a local grocery store is promoting them for $5.99 each so I have been stocking up.

Stocking up means that I am on a constant look out for new recipes.  Recently I gave this one a try.  It is from the recipe files on my computer, and I don’t know the original source.

I thought the sauce for this was very good and well worth the splurge for the pure maple syrup.  I will definitely be making this one again.  This would be a wonderful dish to serve at a dinner party.

The pork tenderloins I purchase are 1 1/2 lbs.  The only suggestion I would make is to watch the sauce carefully.  It will begin to caramelize after about 40 minutes.  If the tenderloin is not done at that point I would pour the sauce out of the baking pan into a small sauce pan and add some water to the baking pan to finish cooking the tenderloin.

Since there are just the two of us, I put the sauce in a small bowl, sliced the tenderloin as necessary, and drizzled the sauce over the cut slices.  There was enough for a main meal, and a couple left-over meals for each of us.  I served this with a corn pudding and a Brussels sprout dish which I will post soon.

Maple Curry Roast Pork Tenderloin
1 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin
1/2 c. pure maple syrup
2 T. low-sodium soy sauce
2 t. ketchup
2 t. orange zest
1 1/2 t. curry powder
1 1/2 t. ground coriander
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
2  cloves garlic, minced

Trim pork of all visible fat.  Place pork in a large zip top plastic bag.  Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork in bag.  Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, turning once.  Remove from refrigerator and continue marinating about 30 minutes, turning once.  Place pork with marinade in a small greased baking pan.  Roast, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, turning tenderloin in sauce every 10 minutes.  If pork is not done after 40 minutes, pour sauce into a small sauce pan and add a bit of water to the baking pan.  Continue to cook until the pork is done (160 degrees).  Pork should still be slightly pink in middle.  Let pork stand for 10 minutes before slicing.  Reheat sauce if necessary and drizzle over thinly sliced pork.  Serve immediately.  Makes 6 servings

Linking to these great  parties:
Hunk of Meat Monday
Busy Monday
Mealtime Monday
Making Monday Marvelous
Marvelous Monday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Recipe Sharing Monday
Mix It Up Monday
Mop It Up Monday
The Bulletin Board
Make the Scene Monday
Made by You Monday
Mangia Monday
Must Try Monday

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy this sounds amazing! Great flavors and I love a glaze for the meat:@)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...