Image Map

Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Finds


I am finally back with another Friday Finds.  This week I found some great recipes using veggies.  Now that would be really healthy if the recipes didn't include some "not so healthy" additions.

Little Mommy, Big Appetite

Spring is asparagus season, and our local asparagus has come on strong with the high temperatures we are having.  I love fresh asparagus any way it is served, but hubby will only eat it deep fried.  I saved out some asparagus and made this recipe recently, hoping that he might be willing to eat this.  Wonders of wonders, he approved and said that he would be willing to eat asparagus made this way from time to time.

Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes
Spend with Pennies

Another great way to use extra mashed potatoes.  I actually made enough mashed potatoes the other night to make this recipe and am looking forward to having it this weekend.

Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
Morsels of Life

This looks so delicious.  I can't wait to try it.  Also, I am thinking that the casserole might be great using some cut-up, cooked asparagus.  CJ shares her great finds at Friday Favorite Finds each week.

The Bad Girls Kitchen

I have been digging around in this blog and found this interesting recipe from way back in 2008.  I love carrots, and this is such an interesting way to serve them I thought I would share my find.  Although this sounds wonderful using just the carrots, I think that maybe adding some chopped apple, golden raisins, dried cranberries, diced celery or some toasted nuts would be good

Lady Behind the Curtain

I found these little gems from Sheryl who hosts Cast Party Wednesday each week and Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge each month.  If you haven't visited this blog, do go check it out.  I am planning on making these up and having them for my lunch.

That is my Friday Finds for this week.  Hope you found a veggie recipe here you would like to try.  I am linking up to Friday Favorite Finds over at Finding Joy in My Kitchen.  Click on over to see what other bloggers have found this week.


2 comments:

  1. OH! Please make your version of the carrot salad! That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my cheesy green bean casserole! Hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...