Image Map

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Parmesan Roasted Potatoes-Secret Recipe Club

Since group “B” of Secret Recipe Club had January off, this is my first post for 2014.  I was thrilled when I received my assignment for February as it was CJ Huang's blog, Morsels of Life.  CJ and I are internet friend.  We "met" when we were both linking up our Friday Finds posts over at Finding Joy in My Kitchen.  Although that linkup is no longer active, I continue to follow Morsels of Life and like to check out CJ's current Friday Finds.  CJ also hosts Share Your Stuff Tuesday with several other bloggers. CJ has guest posted on my blog with a great recipe for Chocolate Cake Mix.   I am very happy to highlight the wonderful recipes on CJ's blog.

There were so many recipes I wanted to make for this post, it was hard to narrow them down to just one.  Some that I considered and will make later are Bacon Jam, Asian Cole Slaw, and Stuffing Balls.

On Superbowl Sunday, I wanted to make barbecued pork roast and used her Barbecue Sauce recipe.  The Barbecue Sauce was very good (I did reduce the amount of chili powder to suit my wimpy taste).

Today, however, I am blogging about the Parmesan Roasted Potatoes that I made to go with the roast pork.  Since, like CJ, I love potatoes in any and all forms, I am always on the lookout for new potato recipes.  I had cooked the pork roast in a slow cooker so had the oven free to make the potatoes.

I peeled the potatoes since hubby does not particularly like potato with the skin left on.  I used six medium potatoes as that is the amount that fits well in a single layer in my 10x15-inch baking pan.  I changed the method of preparation slightly.  I put the potatoes in a container that had a lid, poured 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the potato chunks and shook the container well to coat the potatoes.  I then mixed the parmesan cheese, the garlic powder and the paprika together, sprinkled the mixture over the potatoes and shook the potatoes again to coat the chunks.  I preheated the baking pan, dumped the potatoes into the pan and sprayed the top with olive oil spray.  I cooked the potatoes for 15 minutes, turned the chunks over and baked until tender about 10 more minutes.  The potatoes tasted great, and the paprika gave the chunks a lovely golden brown color.

I suppose that this amount of potatoes should feed six, but it certainly didn’t feed that many at our house.  We ate plenty the first night, and I had about a Cool Whip bowl left which hubby ate for two leftover meals.  I will be making these often.  Next time I think that I will up the amount of garlic powder and add an herb such as rosemary or cumin.

Thanks, CJ, for a great recipe.

Note:  I have been having problems getting Pickmonkey to save my pictures, so this one will have to do until they get the problem fixed.


Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
6 medium potatoes, peeled or not, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
1 T. olive oil
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 T. garlic powder
1 T; paprika

If peeling potatoes, peel, rinse, dry with a clean dish towel and cut into chunks.  If not peeling potatoes, wash, dry with a clean dish towel and cut into chunks.  Place chunks in a bowl or container with a lid.  Drizzle olive oil over potatoes.  Close container and shake well to coat all chunks with the olive oil.  In a small bowl, combine parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and paprika.  Mix well and sprinkle over potatoes.  Close lid and shake potatoes again to coat with cheese mixture.  Meanwhile heat a 10x15-inch baking pan about 5 minutes in a 425-degree oven.  Dump potatoes into pan and spread out in a single layer.  Spray lightly with olive oil spray.  Bake for 15 minutes, turn chunks and bake 10 to 15 minutes more until tender.  Makes 4 servings.

If you would like to join in the fun and have your blog considered for Secret Recipe Club, you can fill out the form on the Secret Recipe Club Information Page.
.


  

16 comments:

  1. We love roasted potatoes! These would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're big fans of roasted potatoes but I love the addition of parmesan cheese. I'll have to try it the next time I make potatoes. Great SRC choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great edits! I'll have to use the "shake" method next time since it makes for a better coat. Adding rosemary sounds like a good idea too. :) I'm glad you liked all those recipes!

    PS. I'm actually still hosting a party with the Friday Finds (open until midnight Wednesday) if you ever decide you want to stop by. Just bring your favorite recipe(s). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Can I join the potato-lovers party?!? I've made parmesan roasted potatoes but never with paprika, love the idea of combing the two

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love roasted potatoes and the addition of the parm sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound lovely. I love any type of roast potatoes and often try different spices on them but have not tried parmesan yet. I love the idea of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great way to dress up potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we love potatoes in this house, but adding parmasen really sets the bar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing it with the SRC today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum. I love potatoes and these look and sound awesome. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love potatoes roasted and the addition of Parmesan makes them even better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look really yummy! I am adding those to my potato recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roasted potatoes are by far my favorite side dish. Love the flavors here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Parmesan and potatoes are so yummy together. I like to add some in my mashed potatoes too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cold-weather comfort food, for certain. These sound SO delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with Amanda - I've made Parmesan potatoes before but haven't tried paprika with them (I usually use a plop of grainy Dijon mustard). I'm going to try the paprika version tomorrow :) Right now I have a batch of Rhubarb Streusel Shortbread Bars in the oven - that's why I was checking different links to pictures I saw on the rhubarb page :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...