Image Map

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Velveeta Fudge-12 Days of Easy Sweets


When I was growing up, my mother always had a box of Velveeta in the fridge.  It was what our grilled “cheese” sandwiches were made from.  Mom also made Velveeta fudge at Christmas time.  In recent years, in my effort to try to eat more healthy, I have rarely purchased Velveeta.  Recently, however, I picked up a box to use in making Pork Sausage Meatloaf.  I had some left over and decided to make some fudge in memory of my mom.

This fits under the quick and easy recipe category that I like.  The Velveeta serves to make the fudge smooth and creamy.  There is no “cheesy” taste to the fudge, so no one will ever know that Velveeta is in there if they are not told.  I took a pan of this to work, and it was gone before my 4-hour shift was over.


Velveeta Fudge
1 c. (2 sticks ) butter, cut into 8 slices each
8 oz. pasteurized process cheese, Velveeta, cubed
1 1/2 lbs. confectioners’ sugar, about 5 c.unsifted.
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 c non-fat dry milk
2 t. vanilla extract
1 c. toasted, chopped walnuts or pecans

Place butter and Velveeta cubes in a large, heavy saucepan.  Place over medium-low heat and cook until butter and cheese are both melted, stirring frequently.  Meanwhile, measure and sift  confectioners’ sugar into a large mixing bowl.  Add cocoa and dry milk and mix well.  When butter and cheese are melted, remove saucepan from heat and add vanilla.  Mix well.  Stir in sugar/cocoa/dry milk mixture and mix until very well blended.  Add nuts and mix well.  Turn into a 9-inch square pan that has been lined with foil.  Chill in fridge until firm.  Cut into 1-inch squares.  Makes about 64 pieces.  Store tightly covered in refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...