Image Map

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cooking from the Blogs-What I Made

IMG_2633-1

I have just one recipe that I have cooked from the blogs recently that I was able to get a picture of, but what a good recipe it is.  If you did not check out the link to Three Cheese and Onion Stacked Roasted Potatoes in my post for the Improv Cooking Challenge you must click on over to Little Mama Big Appetite blog and get it now.  Go on.  Go get it.  Your won’t be sorry.

Little Mommy was a genius to think up this idea of stacked, roasted potatoes.  I posted here about making her original recipe.  They were so good that when she revised the recipe to include onion and cheese, I knew I had to make them again.  They were absolutely wonderful.

I have found that 3 T. of the olive oil is enough for me.  I have also used melted butter so either can be used.  Of course, the olive oil is healthier.  I used dried minced onion instead of the grated onion called for.  I mixed the onion with the olive oil and seasoning and let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes.  I also did not have any pepper jack cheese so used cheddar and an Italian cheese blend.

The potatoes are crispy on the bottom like fried potatoes without all the work.  This is such a versatile recipe, I will be making it a lot by varying  the seasonings and cheese      Thank you, Little Mama, for a wonderful recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Lands Sakes! I want a stack right now! These look just wonderful - love dressing up taters, and this is so creative. So glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. you are an absolute doll Grandma Loy! Thanks for making these and telling everyone about them - you were actually the one to put onions in them first! Yours look even more delicious than mine! Thanks again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...