Image Map

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Holiday Cookie Mix Brownies


Although I have posted my favorite homemade brownie mix in the past, it is nice to be able to make brownies from the Holiday Cookie Mix.  That is this week's Saturday sweet.

There are cake-like, rather milk chocolate flavored bars, made crunchy with chopped walnuts.  The recipe makes 16 to 20 brownies which can be dressed up with frosting if desired.

Other recipes using the Holiday Cookie Mix have been posted on Thursdays since September 27 as part of 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats.

 Holiday Cookie Mix Brownies
3 c. Holiday Cookie Mix
1/4 c. cocoa
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 T. water
2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped, toasted walnuts

Measure cookie mix into a large mixing bowl.  Add cocoa and mix until well blended.  Break eggs into a small bowl and beat well.  Add water and vanilla.  Stir and add to cookie mix.  Stir until all of mix is moistened.  Add the walnuts and stir.  Mixture will be somewhat stiff.  Turn batter into a greased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.  Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes.  Place pan on rack to cool.  Cut into 16 or 20 bars.  Store tightly covered to prevent the brownies from drying out.

Linking to these great parties:
Weekend Potluck
I'm Lovin' It
Seasonal Inspirations
Weekend Bloggy Reading
Saturday Nite Special

2 comments:

  1. It's remarkable designed for me to have a web site, which is helpful designed for my experience. thanks admin
    Look into my site : www.yourtobaccosstore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!!! I love it!!!! Great blog too. I'm Hanna and I am your newest follower:) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...