Image Map

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Double Peanut Crunch

I have a confession to make.  I really love Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Cereal.  It is just about the only cold cereal that I purchase to eat as cereal.  Other cereals I purchase, I usually use in recipes.  Now I know that Peanut Butter Captain Crunch is really just breakfast candy.  So if it is really breakfast candy, might as well make something candy-like with it.  Right?

Double Peanut Crunch is just Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Cereal and peanuts with a candy coating.  If you are not the fan of this cereal that I am, any other round or doughnut-shaped cereal may be used instead.  Change the nuts or not as you wish.

A word of warning.  Don’t make this unless there are other people around to help eat it.  If you do, you may find that it is gone and that it was you who ate it.

Double Peanut Crunch
1/2 c. butter
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 T. corn syrup
1 c. salted peanuts
2 c. Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Cereal

Melt butter in a 3-qt. non-stick saucepan.  Add brown sugar and corn syrup.  Heat and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches a full rolling boil.  Boil and stir 1 minutes.  Quickly stir in peanuts and cereal and mix well.  Turn out onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and smooth into a single layer.  Let cool.  Break up if necessary.  When cool, store in an air-tight container or zip-top bag.  Makes about 3 cups.

Linking to these great parties:
Full Plate Thursday
Catch a Glimpse Party
Thursday's Treasures
Showcase Your Talent Thursday
Tasty Thursday
Fantastic Thursday

4 comments:

  1. My mouth i just watering from reading ths! I try to avoid peanut butter crunch, because like you said, its always me who eats all of it. BUT ITS SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing! Ill be pinning this and then heading to the grocery store to fuel my new obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS BUT I MIGHT HAVE TROUBLE FINDING CAPT. CRUNCH PEANUT BUTTER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Loy - this looks soooo inviting and yummy. I WOULD definitely eat the whole thing myself. Love simple recipes like this...and I LOVE cereal, especially this kind. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Loy,
    This is an awesome snack, we will just love it. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week!

    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...