Image Map

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Montreal Crumb Coated Potato Wedges and Post 500

It is sort of a milestone for me today as this is my 500th post.  When I started this blog back in 2011, I am not sure that I thought that it would ever get this far, but I am still here. It is not, however, my 500th recipe so I will save celebrating for that milestone.

Today’s recipe, Montreal Crumb-Coated Potato Wedges, is an easy side dish to make when you want to do a little something different with potatoes, and it goes well with any meat dish from steak to meatloaf.

I like to cut my potato wedges from the curved side of the potato as shown below.  I think that I have better control of the size of the wedges when I do this.

You can use either my Sorta Montreal Steak Seasoning or the commercial product.  Of course, any other seasoning blend can be used for this dish, also.   I prefer to use melted butter for the flavor, but do use olive oil whenever I am feeling lazy.

Montreal Crumb-Coated Potato Wedges
2 1/2 lbs. medium potatoes, about 3 to 4-inches long,  about 8 potatoes
2 T. melted butter or olive oil
1/2 c. fine dry bread crumbs
1 t. Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 t. paprika
1/2 t. salt

Peel potatoes and cut into wedges.  Place wedges in cold water and soak for 10 to 15 minutes.  Drain wedges and dry well with a clean kitchen towel.  Place wedges in a mixing bowl and drizzle with the melted butter or olive oil.  Toss until all wedges are coated.  Place the bread crumbs and seasonings in a plastic bag.  Shake potato wedges a few at a time in the bread crumbs until well covered.  Place on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan.  Roast about 20 minutes in a 375-degree oven.  Turn potatoes and cook another 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.  Serve these with a dipping sauce such as honey mustard or ranch dressing if desired.  Makes 6 servings.

Linking to these great parties:
Get Your Craft On
Tasteful Tuesday
Show Me What You Got
Tuesday Talent Show
Totally Tasty Tuesday
Show Me What Ya Got
Two Cup Tuesday
Take A Look Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. They sound tasty and different! Congrats on 500 posts:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 500 posts! That's a BIGGIE! Your taters look sooo tasty. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...