Image Map

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Skipping through Blogland and Stopping at Eat at Home

Today I am stopping at Eat at Home.  If you have never been to this blog, you should make it a definite stop as soon as possible.  Tiffany started the blog in October 2008 and has provided a wealth of information there.

Beside great recipes, Tiffany offers a free weekly menu plan complete with grocery list.  They are in PDF format so can be downloaded and filed on a computer and printed out.  Subscribers to her blog automatically get a new menu most Mondays.  Each menu offers six main dish recipes and a dessert recipe.  You can also find a page with links to many of the menus here.  Even though I don't generally follow a week's worth of recipes as written, I find it very handy to have the information stored on my computer so I can click though them for meal ideas without going on the internet.  Tiffany also has a nice blank menu planner for making out your own menu plan and shopping list here in PDF format.

I have tried many of the recipes at Eat at Home and liked most of them.  It is very hard to narrow down a small list to recommend, but I must try.


 The Stuffed Shells are a very good meatless meal, makes a lot, and freezing instructions are included. 


Enchiladas with Chili-Tomato-Sauce has a great homemade enchilada sauce made of keep-on-a-pantry-shelf ingredients.  My hubby won't eat refried beans so I leave them out and use corn instead.

  

I make a lot of soup for lunches, and I just had to try Virus Killing Soup.  Regardless of the name, this is a great chicken soup.


 On to a few desserts.  I make no secret of the fact that I love cookies.  Just see how many recipes for them are already on this blog.  Tiffany says that Butterscotch Cookies taste like blondes, and she is right.
 
 
Another great cookie recipe is CocoNot Cookies which is made with baking mix and instant potato flakes.  Very quick, very easy.


A delicious non-cookie dessert is Peach Crisp in the Slow Cooker which uses canned peaches.  If canned peaches are kept on-hand, this can be whipped up and put in the slow cooker in no time.  There a lots and lots of other slow cooker recipes on the blog.  Just click on the Recipe Box tab to find them.

Last but not least, my favorite feature on this blog is Ingredient Spotlight.  Each Wednesday Tiffany hosts a linky party in which she highlights a specific ingredient.  There is a schedule of ingredients to be spotlighted through the end of August here.  Come, join the party, and get great new recipe ideas.

Currently Tiffany is offering printable recipes for 5 Pantry Meals in 15 Minutes or Less as a bonus for subscribing to her blog.  Take my advice and visit Eat at Home soon.  I always enjoy my visits there.

All photos were taken by Tiffany at Eat at Home, are her property, and used with permission.

Small disclaimer:  Tiffany interviewed me for her blog, and it is here.

Tomorrow:  Friday Finds and Frugal Tips:  Asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...