Image Map

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Chocolate Malt Drink or Coffee Creamer Mix-12 Days of Easy Sweets

12 Days of Easy Sweets
My favorite milkshake-type drink when I was growing up was a chocolate malt.  I still love malt flavor today  This mix is a great last-minute gift that can be given by itself, but is also nice to give with a gift of cookies or other baked goods.  If I am presenting this by itself, I usually put it in a pint-size jar.  If giving with cookies, I like to use recycled Smucker’s Ice Cream Topping jars.  They hold enough to make 5 servings if the mix is used as a stand-alone beverage, more if the mix is used as a coffee creamer.

The malt flavor is rather subtle, use more chocolate malted milk powder if a more pronounced malt flavor is desired.  Chocolate flavor malted milk powder is somewhat difficult to find here so I have used regular malted milk power also.  Malt flavor Olvatine can also be used instead of the malted milk powder if desired.  I use milk chocolate flavor instant cocoa mix, but regular chocolate flavor can be used for more pronounced chocolate flavor. 


Chocolate Malt Drink or Coffee Creamer Mix
2 c. instant hot cocoa mix
2/3 c. regular powdered nondairy coffee creamer
1 c. or more regular or chocolate malted milk powder or malt flavor Olvatine

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended.  Store in an air-tight container.  To use as a beverage, stir 3 tablespoons into 8-oz. of hot water or hot milk.  To use as a coffee creamer, use 1 tablespoon to 8-oz. hot coffee.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...