Image Map

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Snow Covered Popcorn-12 Days of Easy Sweets


12 Days of Easy Sweets
For the last two years in October, I have attended a quilting retreat with a great group of quilting friends.  Now, when quilters get together, they have to have snacks, so there is always a Snack Table loaded with just about any snack one can think of.  One of the girls brings popcorn that I find positively addicting.  The popcorn has a white coating that I could not put my finger on at first, and then she told me it was vanilla almond bark and how quick and easy it was to make.

Many of you may have this recipe: but, if you don’t, you should.  I bet that you will love it as much as I do.  My friend uses 2 bags of microwave popcorn, but the frugal side of me said that I should use regular air-popped popcorn, so I set out to see how much of that would equal 2 bags of microwave popcorn.  It turns out that 1/4 c. popcorn, popped in an air popper, makes the same amount of popped popcorn as 2 bags of microwave popcorn and with less unpopped kernels.  So use either microwave popcorn or air popped popcorn in this recipe.

This makes a great quick and easy gift to put in a plastic bag and tie up with a ribbon

.
Snow Covered Popcorn
from Linny
1/4 c. popcorn, popped in an air popper or 2 bags microwave popcorn, popped
2 squares vanilla flavored almond bark
1 T. vegetable oil (I added this)

Place popped popcorn in a large mixing bowl and set aside.  Combine almond bark squares and vegetable oil in a glass measuring cup or other microwave safe container.  Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, remove from microwave and stir.  Continue to microwave at 50% power in 15 to 20 second intervals, stirring each time, until mixture is completely smooth.  Pour over popcorn, mixing quickly with a rubber spatula until all the popcorn is coated.  Turn out onto a cookie sheet and allow coating to set.  Enjoy and try not to eat it all yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...