Image Map

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Countdown to 2013-Breakfast

I hope that everyone had a wonderful day of family, food and fun, and that Santa was very good to you this year.


For the remainder of the year I am joining Sno White over at Finding Joy in My Kitchen to countdown to 2013 by linking to some of my posts in specific categories.  Today’s subject is breakfasts.

Since there are just the two of us, and hubby does not usually eat breakfast, I posted only a few breakfast type dishes this year.  However, I am sharing what I did post.


I do eat oatmeal for breakfast quite often, and I love to eat this one.


This is good any time, but it does make a nice drink to have in the morning with some toast.  If you don't have the syrup on hand, you can use a flavored creamer instead of the plain one.


Oh how I love recipes with versatility.  Both this recipe and the next one have that aspect to them.  These are great to have on hand to warm up for a quick breakfast or lunch.


This is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  It can be a side dish, meatless main dish or cooked meat can be added.


I had this with some toast for breakfast a lot when fresh rhubarb was in season.  I have some rhubarb in the freezer.  Think I will have to use a batch to make this.


This is a use for fruit juice that may have been drained from canned fruit to use the fruit in another recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Great recipes! The frittata looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post has made me hungry for breakfast! Thanks for sharing at Wicked Good Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peanut butter oatmeal sounds delicious! Great recap :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and suggestions. Hope that you enjoyed your visit to Grandma Loy"s Kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...